Another one DEAD after changing the fullscreen logo

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Oerg
BIOS Rookie

Hi,

i have a GVC DL/DR 742 Mainboard with an intel Whitney Chipset. I used uniflash to read my current AMIBIOS, because i wanted to give the PC to a friend as a birthday present and because he is a Sonic fan, i wanted to change the fullscreen logo to say something else. So i did using a tutorial from i-hacked and did it with MS Paint, saved it as a 256 color 640x480 BMP file and converted it to PCX via Irfan View. So far so good. Then i implemented it with Amibcp 7.51.30 (or something like that) Everything worked properly, so i booted from my bootdisk, started uniflash and becuase this was the only option i flashed with bootblock. Worked! But after i rebooted this happened: The floppy goes BRRP and the mainboard peeps one short time, but that all the time *FLOPPY* *BEEP* *FLOPPY* *BEEP* *FLOPPY* *BEEP* and so on. I guess the Amibcp destroyed the rom and now the pc is looking for a recovery disk in the drive.

How did this happen ;_; ???
cp
BIOS Guru

seems like you managed to corrupt the bios. lucky you you didn't destroy the bootblock.
did you check the following things? :
1. filesize of the logo is below 64k
2. removed the old fullscreen logo
3. used the correct module ID (33h) for the logo
4. stayed within the limits (640x480x8bp, pcx or jpg)