AOpen AX63 Bios problem

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

hi,

my ax63 motherboard's bios is very problematic. it's experiencing "checksum error" , and i was not able to boot from floppy drive.

i read the FAQ's section and i saw that i can use an ISA multi I/O card to boot the floppy..

but i think there's a conflict with the built in fdc and the ISA Cards FDC.

what can i do????
please help

God Bless
Last edited by notinthisworld on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Bios ROM Checksum Error or CMOS Checksum Error ?

The first would be some hardware malfunction, typical candidate is RAM, the latter usually means a dying battery.
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

hello, thanks for the reply, the ram passed my memtest++, the battery is new.

same result, still bios checksum error.

thnx

God Bless
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Question unanswered:
Bios ROM Checksum Error or CMOS Checksum Error ?

Please specify the full error message, if it's a Bios ROM Checksum error your system should not boot but ask for a floppy to reflash or similar. If your Bios is working just normal but you get a Buios checksum error if it tries to boot it may also be a Virus/infection.

A Bios ROM Checksum error may not only be cause by memory, it may also the CPU (damaged Cache) or the motherboard (leaking capacitors, damaged memory controller)
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

hi,

it's Bios ROM Checksum Error. yes it asked for a floppy , but when i inserted a bootable floppy, it will read for just a second or two, but it wont continue to give me a command prompt. it's stuck.

then i followed the wimbios' FAQ # 27, "use a ISA multi IO card", still no luck coz i think it's experiencing conflict with the Motherboard's FDC.

please advice.. thanks

God Bless
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

hi guys,

it's now fix! thanks a lot, i just hot flashed it and now its working.

God Bless