asua a8ae-le bios rom cheksum error

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
sssekol
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a compaq presario sr1000 with an asus a8ae-le motherboard when I try to boot it up I get Bios Rom checksum error, it then tries to read the cd-rom and then the floppy (I don't have a floppy on the computer at all.) I tried putting in my Hirens bootable cd and got it to read that but the keyboard and mouse do not work. This computer was given to me this way and I don't know if the old owner tried to flash the bios or not. Is there any fixes for this problem or should I just scrap the motherboard.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If you can at least get the keyboard to function, we might try a bios recovery. Did you try a different keyboard BTW? Sometimes a defective keyboard can be the cause of this error message.

Maybe the CMOS battery is low/broken, replace the coin cell battery near the IDE connectors with a new one.

Or the board has bad capacitor plague
http://www.badcaps.net
to see what the cause is and what it looks like.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Firastorm
New visitors - please read the rules.

You may want to make sure you are using a PS/2 compatible keyboard. I have the same issue right now after trying to flash my bios. I have a Compaq Presario SR5113WM. Seems their bios update is terrible since others are having the same issue. I have USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard, which it isn't detecting. My old PS/2 compatible keyboard is no good because of damage.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If the capacitors are bad one of the early signs is trouble detecting USB stuff and/or harddisks... Check your board again, normally it should pick up the USB keyboard.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...