ASUS A7V dead after flashing

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
dferg
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey guys, I'd appreciate some help if you have suggestions:

The problem--I flashed my ASUS A7V mb with their aflash.exe utility. It said flashed successfully, but when I rebooted, the monitor never comes out of power save mode and I get no beeps.

I have already tried to hot-swap with a ASUS P5A motherboard. The aflash utility said it was successful, but the A7V still doesn't come alive. I also brought the chip into work where we have a BP Programmer. The programmer flash and verified the contents of the chip after programming, but again the A7V didn't come alive.

I did get some ideas from other messages here. So I'm going to try the following:

1. See if the floppy drive seeks on startup. Maybe I can do the boot block trick..
2. Take out the battery of my CMOS. My A7V doesn't have the clear CMOS jumper populated, so I haven't really tried to clear it yet.

Any other ideas? Can you even flash these chips (on a BP Programmer) with the downloaded *.awd files from ASUS's website? Did I overwrite the bootblock by flashing with the BP Programmer?

Help!!

thanks in advance,
dferg
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

See the manual how to clear CMOS - there's no jumper on Asus boards for that. It's usually done by shorting the two solder points with screwdriver.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere