(Asus a7v8x-la mobo)BIOS - need orignial for Compaq S6500nx

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
joemommat
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

I upgrade via the HP website to version 3.15. Now PC locks up upon desktop screen after ~5 minutes. Seems to have something to do with the video, as the moment I try to watch a video it freezes. The original (3.0 I believe) worked fine. Asking if someone could please send me the file so I can flash back. I will pay it forward. Thanks very much. Joe
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What was the original reason to upgrade the bios? Maybe you thought the upgrade would solve that cause but this issue is still present, just showing in a different way now.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
noel-man4
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an old Compaq SR1303WM computer with the ASUS A7V8X-LA board and it's original BIOS version was v3.11. Flash updated it to v3.15 and could not reproduce the "video" problems OP was having. So the ASUS A7V8X-LA board that I have is working fine, though I replaced that faulty Bestec ATX-250-12Z power supply unit with a spare Coolmax V-400 power supply unit - not the best PSU but it's an improvement over the Bestec.

If there are video problems, it's probably NOT caused by a bios update. It may be a bad video cable or video cable that's loose or a faulty video card (either in the PCI or AGP slot of the A7V8X-LA board).