Asus CUSL2 dead after upgrading BIOS

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
techsurfer
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an asus CUSL2 motherboard which had version 1001a BIOS on it. I saved this version on a floppy (made bootable in Win XP) and flashed it using the aflash application that came with the board to version 1009 which I downloaded from asus's website. The flash was successful but when I restarted the computer no screen appears - the only thing that happens is that both my CD-ROM & CD-R drives disc read lights light up momentarily and then the hard drive light appears for a while. I tried putting the booteable floppy with aflash in but it won't read it. I don't know what to do! Can you help?
soupy
Absentee administrator

You have the built-in video version and an AGP card? Switch your monitor to the built-in, then reconfigure in the CMOS setup for your AGP card.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If it comes to flashing a bios I usually go back to bare setup:
power supply
board
cpu
as little memory sticks as possible
video (if onboard available, remove any extra cards) +monitor
floppy drive
keyboard

then I start building. A bios flash is usually needed when setting up/adding new hardware so the case is open anyway...
techsurfer
New visitors - please read the rules.

I think I need to reset my CMOS so that the new BIOS can work but I don't have a clue how to do this - since I can't get into setup. Is there a switch or something on my motherboard to do this?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Read the manual. There are usually 2 solder points on Asus boards which needs to be shorted for a while while the power is OFF.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere