Asus CUSL2 mobo dead

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
humph
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi there.

I wanted to flash BIOS of the CUSL2, I got a flash failure after erasing the EEPROM, so probably now I may have completely no BIOS on my board.Now at start mainboard is dead, no beep, except if I build off the CPU, then I became the signal, that is no or a corrupted cpu on board. I've tried to make all the recover options as clearcmos ( CLRTC ) or remove battery, but the mobo won't start. Any idea? It's an AWARD Modular BIOS 6.00PG. thx for help!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I fear the solution is to take the FirmWare Hub device off (de-solder it) and reprogramme it. Not a trivial task.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
humph
New visitors - please read the rules.

and you can do this? what's the price for it?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Apologies for the delay in replying - no, we don't offer a commercial service here. You will have to look for an electronics repair shop in your area.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
atang1
BIOS Newbie

4 mb flash(not eeprom) bios rom needs to be warm when you flash. Otherwise you can easily get errors and corruption. Flash transistor speed changes with temperature.

It has bootblock loader. So when you turn on and warm up the motherboard, you can see the floppy light stayed on. If you have a new bios with bootable operating system, you can flash your rom with your floppu disk.

A bootable floppy can give you monitor screen. It needs a minimum opearating system(MSdos and vga drivers), flash program and the new bios; all on the same floppy disk.

Good luck.