Asus P5A - dead after flashing.

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Saner
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hiya.

I flashed my P5A so it would support a larger hard disk (and I was also having issues with the latest linux kernal booting) and it failed to verify the flash.

In my ultimate wisdom (aka hungover) I hit the reset, and am left with a dead mobo.

I have had this before (al be it years ago and a diffrent mobo) and when hunting for an ISA video card, but couldnt find one.

Not to be one who gives up with ease, I created a boot disk, and added my backed up bios file along with aweflash (renamed to 1.exe) and set the system to boot.

However it dosent even seem to be reading the FDD :(

I am a bit annoyed with Asus at the moment, because I used there Upgrade utility and there newest bios (not the beta one) and I have always bought asus because of there quality. I know the re-boot was my own stupid fault, but I expected the boot from iSA card trick to work.

Anyone had any experiance with this board, and have any idea's. I dont have a flash re-programmer, so removing the duff flash is not really an option.

I have 2 other motherboards, one is a Socket 370 with a Ami Bios, and the other is my main PC with an Ami bios, I am loated to try the hotswap as I could find myself with 2 dead motherboards.

Any hints would be great.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Get yourself a 5$ second-hand board somewhere and try hotflashing there... I used to resort to that way way back...
Saner
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yeah I think I am just going to have to buy a new board.

As its a really old Socket 7, I will just grab another board off ebay when I get paid, I am just a little disapointed to have a dead (decent) board.
Noel
Master Flasher

yes, u should look for a good second motherboard and flash it from there.