ASUS pundit-s P4S8L failed to uppgrade

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Elvis_Linux
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello.
I was trying to upgrade my P4S8L bios by asus windowsflasher.
It went wrong So the BIOS is now asking me for the support cd that i don't have Have.
Do you know how to restore my Bios?

Best regards
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

tried emailing Asus tech support yet? Maybe they have an .iso file of that CD online somewhere so you can burn a new one.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Elvis_Linux

I was talking with the live support, but he told me that it can be very difficult to find that cd.
I have also mailed ASUS my problem.
But i have not found any solution yet.
Have you any idea what to do?

Best Regads
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

talk again to live support and make them ready that iso file for you, it's their product, their windowsflasher and they should support their stuff. that's why you buy something with a brand name on it, right?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Elvis_Linux

I google the solution.

Here is What i found:

http://www.computing.net/answers/hardwa ... 49823.html

"Ok, here's a detailed write-up on what I did to fix this, after my originla post (I know this problem persists many P4PE users, as I have read yesterday and today).

1. Remove Graphics Card (mine was an ATi Radeon 9600, whether or not the grahics card works depends case to case)

2. Make BIOS bootdisk. You can make a floppy disk or a burned CD, it doesn't matter which one. Include your bios file, named p4pe.rom and the aflash.exe utility. Also install the BIOS bootdisk from bootdisk.com, it's not hard to find.

3. Borrow PCI video card from other desktop computer. In my case, I took an old Geforce 2 out of our old Dell, put it in this desktop, and put the Radeon in the Dell to test if it worked.

4.Place your BIOS bootdisk that we made in step 2 inside the dekstop before turning on the power.

5. Boot up your system. You should see the recovery BIOS working and saying Bad Bios checksum or something like that. Here's a link to some pictures of what it will say:
http://www.asus.com/999/html/events...

6.When we get to an A:/ prompt, run your aflash.exe. In aflash, select choice 2, write bios without ESCD and something else.

7. Here you may be given a few prompts to confirm that you want to erase the current BIOS and replace it with the one on your disk. Answer yes to all of them, even if they say that the Bios isn't made by Asus (you know it is already).

8. Now you must wait for aflash to write the Bios. When it is done successfully, exit to the A:/ prompt and pull the plug on your computer.

9. Boot your computer back up. Your computer should reach the Bios, which you'll have to reset the time and the like, and then it should boot into Windows or your OS.

10. If all of the earlier steps were successful, put your video card back in your machine, and put the borrowed video card from step 3 back in it's computer.

11. Your computer should now be back to normal, and your wallet should be happy now that it doesn't have to pay for a new Bios chip.

There you go! One of the best CrashFree Bios version 1 explanations on the net right now. Most people seemed to give up because of the video card issue, and bought a new Bios chip or motherboard, that's why there aren't many helpful resources like this on the internet."

I want to say that the live-support on Asus told me that i was not able to boot into DOS from the Crashfree bios menu. So i think ASUS need to learn out more to the support. :)

Thanks for all. And i hope you can use this to spread the solution faster.