award BIOS one long beep continously (Memory Error)

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Naroar
New visitors - please read the rules.

Heyas

I'm get stuck immediatly at startup, getting one beep continously, which I've come to understand means I'm having a memory issue.

Now, I know exactly what the issue is, and it's 100% the fault of my own stupid curiosity... I changed some of the settings for the memory in the advanced tab in the BIOS, and now I am in this mess. Trying to find a new mobo but with holidays and stuff I can't get a new one until tuesday! Gah, 4 days without my puter is pure torture..

What I'm wondering is, is there some way for me to fix this without getting to technical? I tried to use a boot diskette with an autoexec file and bios file and all that stuff, but that didn't work, it doesn't even read from the floppy as far as I can tell. I've also read lots of posts here and seen things like flash kits mentioned. If that's what I need to fix my problem and it's cheaper than buying a new Mobo, please tell me a site where I can buy it. Preferably in Sweden ^^

kk, thanks in advance
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Get your manual, and read how to "Clear CMOS". It's simple, quick, and will reset your BIOS to its safest settings.
Naroar
New visitors - please read the rules.

Really thanks, I'm back to playing around with my old comp ^^
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you can still get into the BIOS setup, just go in there and load defaults. The safest settings, which AZ refers to, is usually the first defaults option listed on an AWARD BIOS, which should, as he calls them, be the safest. I would probably use the last defaults option listed, which is often called a performance defaults, or optimal defaults (sometimes there are both listed and I usually assume the last listed is the best) which should also work well, and possibly be more performance tuned.