AWARD Boot Block.... Help?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
ashlar
New visitors - please read the rules.

thanks for reading this. i have an asus a8n-e mobo and i was having ram problems. I have OCZ 3200 1gb dual channel kit. I had it put into slots 3/4 which is in correct for a dual channel kit so i was only running on a single channel. Putting it in 1/3 or 2/4 caused the Award BootBlock to come up on boot giving a BIOS ROM checmsum error and it tries to boot from floppy and from CD Drive looking for AWDFLASH.exe. I took the file from the ASUS support CD rom and the BIOS1008 file on their website. It then tells me "please make sure whether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not" and i can't do anything from there. Help?
PS: i did check the asus website, i dont see any lockout jumper diagrams. I did take the battery out and do the jumper reset and put the jumper back.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Does it still work OK in single channel?
If so, boot a floppy and try Uniflash.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
mlfbuddy
New visitors - please read the rules.

I got the same problem, but I found that if you set the reset bios jumper, this is the one right next to the battery, to the other position, it will let you flash the bios.

Good luck.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If your RAM is not detecting properly in Dual Channel mode, I would suspect that either the modules are not identical, despite being in a Dual Channel Kit, or failing that there is possibly a fault on the main board. Trying a few dual-channel kits should help to confirm that.