awd boot block doesn't work properly

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Huvi
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have checksum error when I start my computer(Epox 8RDA) and I tried awdbootblock from this forum, but DOS didn't boot. I created bootable diskette with awdflash and uniflash from bootblock. I tried it also with autoexec.bat with @uniflash -e "bios filename" but it didn't work. Simply it seemed that DOS can't boot-it freezes in some moment. Please help! I am desperate
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

clear cmos and , flash again and startup with the defaulst settings.
Or check the battery !
Huvi

lucske74 wrote:clear cmos and , flash again and startup with the defaulst settings.
Or check the battery !
It's not CMOS problem but ROM problem. I can't flash new bios. I can run normal awdflash from floppy-it will beginning with flashing bios, but it freezes in flash programming, so I tried bootblock, but it also didn't work-I wrote it above
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Yes your richt , but you say only a checksum error.
You must try hot flash with a same meanbord or you can try it with uniflash on another with awardbios on it.If you use awardflash it don't work , he read the chipset , and is it not the right chipset ,the program terminated .
Huvi

So I tried hotflash in Abit ST6-RAID board, but uniflash v1.36 couldn't recognize flashrom from my 8RDA ("flashrom: unknown"). On the flashrom is written: PMC Flash MFN4S 0251 Pm49FL002T-33JC
. Can anyone help me? :o)

edit: problem solved: I found in uniflash chiplist hexadecimal code of my chip and I flashed it with -force