Beeping Award Bios

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Milfkanne
New visitors - please read the rules.

I started my PC and I got only a 1-2-1 beep code. I know that it's something with the timer-block but I don't know what to do. I hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance for your time.
soupy
Absentee administrator

How did you determine it's a timer problem? Did you just flash your BIOS before this happened?

Anyhow, reseat your video and ram, and disconnect everything else. Will it POST?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Milfkanne

I looked on pages for beeping bios codes. There was written that the beeping code from a Award Bios like that from me (1-2-1) meens that a timer-block - or something like that - is the problem. But I didn't find anything about what a timer-block is. So that's my problem I hope you can help me.Thank you in advance for your time.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Huh, I didn't find that one. Anyhow, did you follow my suggestions in the previous post?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Milfkanne wrote:I looked on pages for beeping bios codes. There was written that the beeping code from a Award Bios like that from me (1-2-1) meens that a timer-block - or something like that - is the problem. But I didn't find anything about what a timer-block is. So that's my problem I hope you can help me.Thank you in advance for your time.
That code is aparently correct for Phoenix (who now own Award) but I don't know that it is correct for Award. Have you tried re-seating or replacing the video card and the memory ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

AFAIK, if Award BIOS beeps it means video or RAM problem.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
AlanMFern

I had the same problem, removed my video card cleaned the edge and blew out the slot, refitted all was ok, give it a try.

Regards, Alan