Bios downgrade

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
sky
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi folks,
here's my problem.
I have a pretty old mobo, lucky star mvp3 with an AMD k6-2. I got a 60 Gg HD but it can't see.

Solution-->Flash upgrade.

I got the .bin, updated...and now i can see the HD. The problem is that it can see only the HD now. No floppy, no serial (my mouse), no PCI cards, no ISA card.

So, as I found another HD that my bios can see,
I decided to come back to the situation I was before (my pc is unuseful right now). I created a bootable cd rom (remember, floppy doesn't work :roll: ) with the old bios file name and with awdflash.exe on. While I try to flash with the old bios i get this error: file size is incorrect.
I'm sure that is the old bios and, as i have 2 copies, they are the same. How can I force awdflash to write this damn .bin ?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I don't know whether this is why you are getting the error (the error messages are not very good) but I believe you have to use a writeable medium, i.e. you can't flash from write-protected floppy or if the BIOS file is set Read-Only (as it would appear on CD-ROM). Do you have a spare HD you can put it on ?
Alternatively, Uniflash may not have this limitation.

Do you know what your old BIOS ID was and what you flashed ?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Looks like you flashed BIOS which is not correct for your board. Look what's printed on the board (like 5AMVP3 or 5MVP3).
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Maddy
New visitors - please read the rules.

What's the brand of the motherboard ? Lucky star ?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

5MVP3 is used by at least 3 different manufacturers, so we need a copy of the bios backup in order to find out which one it actually is. Else we'll have to try and identify it first. You did make a backup I hope? If so, send it to edwin@wimsbios.com and I'll try and find out.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...