BIOS FLASH FAILURE ON GA_8IHXP

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
linkinfrag
New visitors - please read the rules.

AFTER I FLASHED MY BIOS I RESTARTED THE COMPUTER AND THE SCREEN BECAME BLACK BUT THERE WAS ACTIVITY INSIDE THE COMPUTER I THOUGHT THAT THIS KIND OF THINGS COULDN'T HAPPENED TO ME BECAUSE THIS MOBO IS EQUIPED WITH A DUAL BIOS :(

if anyone know if I can take the chip off the motherboard it would be a big help

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

DualBIOS boards have usually both chips soldered :(
Clear CMOS, maybe it will help.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Rainbow wrote:DualBIOS boards have usually both chips soldered :(
Clear CMOS, maybe it will help.
The picture on the Gigabyte website shows two PLCC chips in sockets, but that could be a prototype.
Linkinfrag wrote:I THOUGHT THAT THIS KIND OF THINGS COULDN'T HAPPENED TO ME BECAUSE THIS MOBO IS EQUIPED WITH A DUAL BIOS
The reason it's not switching is probably that you flashed the wrong BIOS, but it checksums OK.

If they are in sockets, getting them out is not easy but not impossible - I have used two old screwdrivers - but it is easy to break the socket without the correct PLCC extractor tool.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
linkinfrag
New visitors - please read the rules.

WHAT COULD I DO TO SWITCH TO THE BACKUP BIOS MANUALY SO THAT THE BACKUP BIOS WOULD TAKE OVER THE OTHER ONE :?:

AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

@linkinfrag: Are those chips in square sockets ? If so, I would try to swap them. You have to get into the slots at two of the corners at the same time to get under the chip - still v. difficult. I can not think of an easy way to make it use the other BIOS (without cutting tracks or pins).
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"