BIOS FLASH WRITE PROTECTION HOW TO DISABLE IT?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
SATANIC
New visitors - please read the rules.

thanks in advance for reading this post and for any reply or help ;)

i have a msi 845 pro and i made a mistake by reseting de bios putting the jumper in resenting mode with the main power on so

i have corrupted the information of my bios and it stops at the initialization of the keyboard controller "i know this cause

the motherboard has 4 leds indicating problems in the POST.

Now a have another pc matsonic ms8308ep(266)so i start it with a DOS diskete then i remove the bios from it and replace for

the msi 845 pro bios to make the flash but...i cant flash it cause by default the msi 845 pro bios is write protected.

can you guys help me with this? to bypass this write protection?

i´m using these tools:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/b ... =89&kind=1
i tryed with all the releases, but almost at the end of the rom loading it stops and says: flash rom erasing error

2 of the names of the images im trying to load to the bios are:1st realease "A6529IMS.100" latest release "A6529IMS.130"

i´m only asking for a flag or parameter to put after "amifl827.exe" or if you can give a link to some manual or tutorial to

help me in this crusade ;)

or a program that gives me access from dos or windows to the cmos of the bios to disable the flash write protection ;) "like

winbios http://english.aopen.com.tw/tech/techinside/WinBIOS.htm " i dont have winbios so i dont know if it works with my

boards

ps-both boards have amibios ;)

waiting eagerly for any answer if possible ;)

regards
satanic
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Have you tried the AMI boot block recovery procedure ?
1. Copy a known working BIOS image for your board to a floppy and rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM.
2. Insert the floppy in your system's floppy drive.
3. Power on the system while holding CTRL+Home keys. Release the keys when you hear a beep and/or see the floppy light coming on.
4 . Just wait until you hear 4 beeps. When 4 beeps are heard the reprogramming of the System Block BIOS was succesful, so you may restart your system.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
SATANIC

NICKS THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY ;)

i´ve tryed that but with no luck cause i have corrupted the boot block
Amiboot
BIOS Rookie

If you rendered your Boot Block corrupted :
www.badflash.com www.flashbios.org , or give a try to hotflashing.
SATANIC

thanks for your reply AMIBOOT ;)

my only chance is some kind of proggy like winbios that gives me a cmos gui so that a can change the flash write protection to disable state

i know that i have 3 alternatives
1--buy a bios from www.badflash.com or other site 25$
2--buy a eeprom programmer and a dil/plcc 32pin adapter "500$"
3-or the solution above getting some kind o cmos gui interface that in hot swamp lets me disable the flash write protection

any suggestions?

best regards too you all
satanic
Amiboot
BIOS Rookie

The BIOS write protection are some circuits on the mainboard itself. It's not on the EPROM (the NVRAM chip where the BIOS is stored into).
If you use a tool like Uniflash you should be able to hotflash the corrupted chip.

Btw: are you sure the content of the BIOS chip are corrupted due to a 'CMOS clear disaster'? AFAIK only some circuits located nearby the CMOS get damaged when you're clearing the CMOS w/ power on...