BIOS freeze after the POST message

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
rob6996
New visitors - please read the rules.

Dear all,

I have an Asus M2N SLI DELUXE MoBo with Athlon X2 5800 on it 4GB DDR2 800Mhz.

I've flashed my BIOS via windows (bad idea), and apparently it was semi flashed. When the system restarted after the flash it get past the mem check and stuck on the "press del to enter setup or F8 to choose boot" screen.
Tried to reflash it via boot disks etc. didnt work.
I've got my self a fresh BIOS chip installed it, and yet the system wont come up. It get stucked after the exact stage - it wont get pas the POST screen.

Any Ideas? Tips? :?:

Thank you
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Clear CMOS via jumper, you have to unplug the power cord first and to press the power button at least two times to unload your PSU.
If you have more than one memory stick installed please use only one to test.
It's possible the new Bios reverted to auto memory settings but this somehow failed, often seen with four sticks and an auto command rate of 1T instead of 2T. Also seen with crap memory like OCZ which usually requires way more memory voltage than standard, with standard memory voltage the sometime/often fail to boot.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

bad capacitors perhaps? this one also known model for that.

http://www.badcaps.net
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
rob6996
New visitors - please read the rules.

The caps are all fine - usually if a capacitor is wasted the MoBo wont work isnt it?

I've tried to clear the CMOS - disconected the entire system from feed for almost 5 days with the battery outside and the jumper set to clear.

no luck there.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

bad capacitors fail gradually, first symptoms can be failing USB ports, trouble reading harddisks, unstable windows, unstable gaming, hanging during post, slow post, slow operation in general. It depends a bit on which is failing and at what rate...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...