Bios Reset?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
tomstin
New visitors - please read the rules.

Intel PR440FX, attempted to boot, received the message "Load OS in appropiate drive" message. I poked around a bit to discover the bios has everything disabled. I reset to defaults, save and exit to no avail. Same situation! Replaced battery, changed jumper to reset bios, load the floppy, got the clicks and beeps expected. Reset the system to the same situation!

The other interesting data point. I have this plugged into a power command center. Before the problem, I would power up the machine from the button on the command center. Now the machine wants to be powered on from the button on the machine????

The post seems to run fine, the bios thinks it loaded correctly and the scsi devices are identified. But the bios has everything disabled! I can't seem to write (rewrite) the bios????? Help!

Tom
tomstin
New visitors - please read the rules.

Fresh out of ideas, I pulled the plug and the battery and let it sit. Put it back together, jumpered the bios reset, loaded the diskette, it clicked and beeped as expected. Reset the jumper and POR, the video card worked but NOTHING else, no POST, no SCSI identification. Is it dead? Thanks!

Tom