BIOS seems ok... but not much after that!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
bradschaider
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am using a J-Mark 720BF motherboard with the SIS620 chipset. The board would post and boot ok, but i need to update the BIOS for complaince issues (upgrading). The flash went ok, or so it appeared. Now when i boot, it POSTs then, checks the RAM, displays all the drives and all of that goes ok. But then when it trys to switches to the next screen (the one that displays a lot of info about your computer... eg. your processor, ram installed, pci cards, IRQs...) it doesn't ever get there. So it never attempts to boot from a device. It will sit there forever... what do i do now? Is that due to a bad flash? i can't flash back cause it doesn't attempt to boot from the floppy or anything, regaurdless of what you set it to in the BIOS. thanks!!!
soupy
Absentee administrator

Did you clear CMOS and load setup defaults?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
bradschaider

Yes, twice now.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

What new BIOS file did you use to flash (url please?), and did you save the old BIOS before/during flashing ?

Do you have another motherboard with the same size flash which you could use to do a "Hot swap" in?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
bradschaider

Actually, i tried what you said again, but this time didn't change any BIOS settings, and found my problem is that i am using a USB keyboard. In the bios it offers USB keyboard support, but if you enable it the boot process won't complet. weird! guess i have to dig out an old 5-pin keyboard...

thanks!