Biostar M7NCG400 nforce2 dead

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
b4yu23
New visitors - please read the rules.

I try to fixed my brother's mobo, power is on, no beep sound,no floppy access.
is there chance to know wether the bootblock is still good or bad?

btw, the chip : w49V002AP , winbond LPC 3.3 volt.

Does anyone know what type motherboard is used this chip other than nforce2 board?

thanks
ruelnov
Master Flasher

Kindly provide more details, like did you flash the bios before the system died, if it's Award/AMI bios, etc.

Also, check whether the CPU is working. Power down the system, remove the RAM modules, power up and you should hear a long beep which indicates that the CPU is working.
b4yu23

my brother try to upgrade bios,while on the process,the power is shutdown.

i've already check all the component: Processor,memory,HD,floppy,etc and
all of them are working,except the mobo.

it uses award bios.
ruelnov
Master Flasher

If you hear no beeps, the ROM checksum is passed when BootBlock is activated. But because the system BIOS is corrupt (excluding BootBlock), your system simply hangs and did not continue to boot.

Kindly check similar posts in this forum how to force checksum error, so that you can recover your system.
b4yu23

thanks for replies,

I've read most posting msg on forums, there is one method to force
checksum error by short two high address pin on the chip.

but the problem,i don't know where the high address pin for W49V002A (LPC),
PLCC32. please help me?

the above method is to risky for me, i'lldo hot-flashing method but
it's require an nforce2 motherboard,isn't it? can someone tell me, what motherboard type that use bios LPC chipset except fornforce2 chipset?
ruelnov
Master Flasher

If you're confident with hot flashing method, you don't have to use the same motherboard as yours ( could even be different chipset).

You just need to look for a board whose Flash ROM Chip has the same supply voltage specification as your chip, and the two chips have to be the same capacity (i.e. 1M bit, 2M bit) and same pin configuration.

And when you do the hot flash, be sure to use the correct bios file for your board.

Also, if the two boards are not the same you need the datasheet for both Flash ROM chips to be able to make the comparison of supply voltages, ROM capacity, and pin configuration.