Bleeping BIOS

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
tosh
New visitors - please read the rules.

Tried to add second RAM module to A7N266-VM (512MB DDR 2700- not compatible) - took out original RAM (256DDR 2100) but when I replaced it, computer failed to boot and I'm now getting continuous intermittent bleeps which (according to handbook) means that RAM not recognised. Got original RAM module tested in another computer to-day and it's fine. Question - have I killed motherboard - if so, will OS (WinXP) recognise replacement MB if I decide to purchase an identical one. Is there any way I can now retrieve documents on Hard Drive - I have no back-up. All suggestions welcome and sorry if this situation has already been covered.
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

I know that not all marks of memory's recognised on the motherboards , so you must try out , wich will work on your board !
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

You just connect your harddrive as second drive to any PC and you should be able to access your documents.

Propably you somehow botched the installation of the new memory stick. Since the original stick is ok, put it back, reset CMOS, and try again.