Board Boots but then hangs

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
frank_dux
New visitors - please read the rules.

I was given a Powertech MB533 (socket 7 at) board and when I boot it up it will count the memory then hang after it says "award plug and play bios" i can not get in the cmos because the keyboard does not work, even before it hangs. Anyone have any advice to why this is happening?
thanks
russ
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Try to clear CMOS.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
frank_dux

Thanks, but i already tried that and i still get nothing. anymore suggestions?
frank_dux

I hot flashed the eprom in another computer to the latest revision and now it gets past the plug play message, detects my hard drive and then comes up with the error "checksum mismatch defaults loaded" press f1 to continue but I can't press f1. its not recognizing any input from the keyboard but if i unplug the keyboard it gives a no keyboard error. so it knows the keyboard is there but does get any input. has anyone had a problem like this before? should i replace the keyboard ic?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I know of at least one case where this problem turned out to be the power supply. Try another known good power supply.
frank_dux

Thanks for the advice, I tried another good power supply and I still get nothing. Now the computer freezes at the memory test detecting only 640k of ram or sometimes I'll turn it on and it will detect 1024k of ram. I took the ram out and tested it on another system and it's good but just to be safe I put some known good ram in the system and it still does the same thing. I also checked the processor and it worked fine in another sytem along with the video card. this has really got me stumped
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Maybe the board has been flashed by wrong BIOS.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Palle

Try to remove but your graphic card....It worked for me on one of my other MB's

Palle
frank_dux

Thanks for the advice i replaced the keyboard controller chip and the board works great.

Thanks Russ