bypass chassis intrusion feature on ami bios (p4p800 mobo)

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
phreakys
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

Since yesterday i can't bootup my computer anymore. It gives an error-message saying: chassis intruded!

I checked the mobo-manual(asus p4p800), and made sure the intrusionjumper was connected(and disabled), but still i get this error. I googled the web and found out that alot of people have a simular problem. I tried all found options:
- Clearing cmos memory
- Changing intrusion jumper(in case of bad connection)
- Checking twpwr jumper unconnected
- Flashed new p4p800 bios

I suspect that something between the intrusionjumper and the winbond chip broke down, so the signal is allways faulty.

Now i read that the cmos holds some info about chassis intrusion. My hope is that a p4p800 biosrom could be changed(with amibcp maybe?) so it bypasses the chassis intrusion option, so it will boot allright.

Any help will be appreciated...

greetz,

phreakys :roll:
phreakys

Still hammering on this subject. Searching for 2 days now, and still nothing. All i know now is that i never buy an asus mobo again, and that the chassis open check is controlled by the winbond W83627THF-A chip. Datasheet:
http://www.winbond-usa.com/products/win ... /627hf.pdf

It says that pin76 is responsible for the chassis open event. I'm not a techie, but i'll fix this, even if it's the last thing i'll do. THere are alot of peeps that have the same problem with these asus crap mobo's. I mean...It's kinda bs to make chassis intrusion standard in a consumer pc. What were they thinking?!

at least, msi has a bios update for some mobo's to disable that function by default. Anyway, any help from some techie ppl would be appreciated! :P
MadButcher

I have same problem.
I have an ASUS P5AD2 Premium mobo.
I can only reboot when the PC (or Winbond probably) has cooled down below about 30 'C.
I also want a modified BIOS where I can disable chassis intrusion.
I will send a request to ASUS, but I'm afraid they won't make such a bios.
Then next time I won't buy ASUS anymore.
redgevergara

i hope this action might help you

try to removed your CMOS battery, the silver round like, then unplug all your motherboard power connector and dis assemble your processor. in this case your CMOS ROM might think that its a newly PLUG system..

locate also your JUMPER for chasis sensor, clean or use your screw driver to scratch or clean the post, my chassis jumper is beside the CMOS CLEAR jumper.

I have P4XP-X 1.5Ghz processor.

ENJOY!
MadButcher

I red pressing the CTRL-key during boot could bypass the chassis-intrussion error?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

maybe time to replace the cmos battery?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
MadButcher

I tried all this (battery and jumpers).

It's temperature-related problem, and it's becoming more critical.
So best solution is a bios-hack.