Chaintech 7NJS bootblock issue

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
c2z4s9
New visitors - please read the rules.

Greetings to all,

I recently attempted to update the bios of my chaintech board (via the ALT-F2 method) and even though it appeared to be successfull when I rebooted I was greeted by the system requesting a floppy containing AWDFLASH.EXE.

It seems as though no autoexec.bat file will be executed. The system searches directly for AWDFLASH.EXE. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work on the disk I had created with Win2000. It required a disk formatted in Win98 (an interestingly frustrating problem).

Currently it locates AWDFLASH.EXE and enters the utility, but failes to find the .Bin file located on the same disk. Unfortunately I have no ability to manually enter the file name within the program. I am using the AWDFLASH.EXE version as provided from Chaintech ( version 8.23j ).
(there are only two files on the disk mind you, awdflash.exe and the .bin file).

I suppose I am wondering if I can run a different version and still be successfull. I have read elsewhere that it may introduce errors into the process. If I can, which version should I go searching for?

Thanks for all your help!
c2z4s9

to add a little information. I have since visited the utilities page on this site and have tried most of the Award Flash versions to no avail. All other versions (beside 8.23j) have automatically located the .bin file, only either to not recognize the flash or give me a BIOS Lock error.
c2z4s9

It has also been suggested that one attempt to use UniFlash in such a situation. I tried, renaming it to awdflash.exe, but unfortunately that does not even run (am i missing something?).