Computer wont start. Wrong BIOS. Anyway to program right one

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
GiGaByTe747
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello all
I have a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard. I had some issues with the BIOS, so I decided to update it. BUT, I looked at the wrong version on the site, messing up my whole system. Now when I turn on the PC, nothing happens. The screen power light flashes as the computer is not on. I read on the web that I could reset the motherboard BIOS by taking out the battery. Did that, nothing happens. I also got a jumper and placed it on the CLR_CMOS to short the two pins. Turn on the PC with them, nothing still happens.

Dont know where to go now. Is the motherboard forever dead to me?

Well I have searched online, and I have found this:

I have installed a "wrong" bios on my X800pro, - and I can "Not" boot on floppy now - Again, I can "not" boot on floppy ?
Normaly, when you have a "wrong" bios in the card, you can not see anything on the monitor/tv - but, you can always boot on floppy, and then reinstalling the bios to "backup.bin" - Well ofcourse, you have to know the commands (I do) because you dont have a monitor to guide yoy!

Is there a possible way that I could write the commands? Anyone know of any?
Robin
New visitors - please read the rules.

If you flashed your MB with a wrong bios, then a reset of the CMOS won't help you.

You can try to reflash by following the award bios recovery with a bootable dos-disk with the awardflash utility and the correct bios. (do a search on google for a full explanation)

Offcourse the first thing is to make your pc start from the floppy.

Try the following:

Note down the type of flash chip which is inside of you MB. Search on google for the pinlayout. Then short some address pins and boot the system. This should invalidate the checksum calculation of the bios which causes the bootblock to initiate the recovery via floppy disk.

Good luck ;-)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...