d686 phoenix bios error

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
cmcada
New visitors - please read the rules.

can someone help me please i just added a password before boot to my bios and went on holiday came back and found..........i'd forgotten it........stupid i know.
after advice from a friend i ressetted my bios by removing the battery while it was of.
when i came to boot it again no visual came through....i'am using a geforce4 graphics card that my moniter is inputted to as my motherboard has no built in graphics.
ihavre no recovery discs and am pretty newbie when it comes to computers how do i get my settings back?????

i have acces to 2 other pcs of similiar specs if that helps
sum1 plz help

2.8ghz processor
3 disk drives (cd-rw,dvd-rw and a dvd-rom drive)
floppy drive
windows xp pro

p.s. i dont want to send it away anywhere if possible i would like a reboot disk or summit :(
cmcada
New visitors - please read the rules.

cmcada wrote:can someone help me please i just added a password before boot to my bios and went on holiday came back and found..........i'd forgotten it........stupid i know.
after advice from a friend i ressetted my bios by removing the battery while it was of.
when i came to boot it again no visual came through....i'am using a geforce4 graphics card that my moniter is inputted to as my motherboard has no built in graphics.
ihavre no recovery discs and am pretty newbie when it comes to computers how do i get my settings back?????

i have acces to 2 other pcs of similiar specs if that helps
i'm using a abit nf7-s motherboard
sum1 plz help

2.8ghz processor
3 disk drives (cd-rw,dvd-rw and a dvd-rom drive)
floppy drive
windows xp pro
abit nf7-s motherboard
p.s. i dont want to send it away anywhere if possible i would like a reboot disk or summit :(
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

make sure you did not move any cables or add-in cards while removing and putting back the battery. Also check if the battery has it's (+) side on top, the rim should not be visible.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...