dead GA-6BXC M/B

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
dplammers
New visitors - please read the rules.

I accidently flashed the fore mentioned board with the wrong bios now when I turn on the computer all I get is a beep and the cd-rom lights up and the hard drive starts. The monitor remains black and the board does not seem to access the floppy drive. I have the old bios and the correct new bios, is there any way to get the board to the bootblock bios as mentioned in other posts. Please Help!!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

If you have cleared the CMOS and the default boot sequence is HDD, CD-ROM you are a little stuck. Can you try an ISA video card to see if the BIOS talks to it ?
Otherwise you will need access to another machine, either to "hot-swap flash" (see main site FAQ #29) or to create a bootable hard disk you can turn into a DOS boot disk with an autoexec.bat file which will start the flash program when put into your machine. You probably cannot create a boot CD because for some reason the BIOS file is usually required not to be read-only - maybe Rainbow's "uniflash" at http://www.pppr.sk/rainbow/programs.html does not require it to be.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"