dead ECS K7S5A

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
tim007
New visitors - please read the rules.

when I turn my computer on, there is no beep, only 1 second that the leds of my keyboard lighten, the cdpu fan turn on...further it do nothing. My CPU is an amd K7 1800+...such as there is no beep, ther is nothing on the screen...what could the problem be, or how can I know that my bios is flashed or something and how can I reinstall them?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Did it come out of a blue sky, or did you do some hacking with the computer?
tim007

well, if the cpu an 1800+ is, what he is, then he must run at 1533Mhz, but he run at 1150Mhz, so if changed the fbs speed to 133Mhz, and then the temperature was when I put them on 54°, so i turn it of, the next time that i want to put them on, I see nothing on the screen, no beep, just the leds of the keyboard for a little time
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Try clearing CMOS...
tim007

no, when i set the jumper to "clear cmos" and i set them back, nothing hapened, everything is the same
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Maybe you fried your processor?

Can you try another processor (make sure you install coller correctly)?
tim007

euhm, I can't try another cpu, because, i don't have another one...but when the cpu is broken(don't work anymore) then you must hear some beeps, that gives the bios, so I think the bios doesn't work anymore
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Nope, if processor is dead there are no beebs for sure.

Can you borrow a processor?
tim007

i shall see, tomorrow or next week there comes a friend to look after it, he has studid computer technologics...so when he everything has tryed, he want to install the bios, when this failes, i can switch with his cpu of his fourth pc...just fo trying...