Dead Everex PO-6200 board

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
bill
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an Everex PO-6200 Dual Pentium Pro board which I tried to flash with another bios from their web site. Their site isn't very clear about what boards are what and so I picked one and tried it. I thought "Surely the bios flash program won't let me reprogram it if its not for this machine"... I was wrong.

The board is marked right under the Everex Logo as a EV18233...

I found a BIOS on their site for the EV18232 board... I'm wondering if that would work.

Anyway... my question is, how do i make this thing recover? Does it even have a recovery option? The BIOS I "overwrote" was an Award BIOS. I tried rebooting it holding down Control-Home, and several other key combinations... But no floppy access at all. No beeps. Nothing. I also have an ISA VGA card in it. I've taken all the SCSI controllers out and network adapters...

Please help...

thanks!

Bill
bill@station51.net
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Have you backed up the old BIOS? Do you know the BIOS ID string?
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
bill
New visitors - please read the rules.

Rainbow wrote:Have you backed up the old BIOS? Do you know the BIOS ID string?
No, I didn't back it up. I've been searching all morning for a copy of the original BIOS. Looks like nobody has one.

I used www.archive.org to look at an archived version of FIC's web site back in 96, and they have the model PO-6200 listed. It seems very shortly after that, they stopped even refering to it on their page. They have support for old 486's, and Pentium boards, but not Dual Pentium Pro boards...I think they make the boards for Everex. I'm very displeased with FIC and Everex's web site. They appear to have little or no information on these things.

If I had a backup, I'd at least be able to make a new BIOS with a burner...

Have you ever had any experience with FIC or Everex boards?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I saw a Socket 7 FIC board with a VIA chipset. I wanted to upgrade the BIOS but saw a mess of various board versions at FIC site. And what's more, the Flash ROM was soldered to the board. It was not my board so I better left the old bios there...

You can try to hot-flash BIOS for some of the other FIC Pentium Pro boards ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/bios/motherboards/ ... herboards/
PN-6010 - single CPU ATX
PN-6210 - dual CPU ATX
PO-6000 - single CPU AT
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere