Is my PC dead? Pleas help!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
PC_Killer
New visitors - please read the rules.

This is the situation; I was trying to be a smart and installing a new hard disk by myself. Sow probably I whose buckle some cables wrong. And than when I started my PC, it whose switch ON, in the second, and than switch of. I sense a light smell of the burning. From then the PC haw no reaction at all. Is my motherboard dead and also a hard disk? And is there any cure or I must to buy a new PC?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Normally even if you connect cables wrong it does not burn. Just get some expert to look at your computer and figure out the cabling correct.
KnightNemesis
New visitors - please read the rules.

Installing a new HDD Is not complex 1 IDE or SATA Cable and 1 4 Pin Molex Or SATA Power cable Chances are when you Installed the HDD you did not format it correctly the smell you sense is not a cooked component but the Drive itself heating up thats NORMAL, When you Start your PC and the Bios Comes up try pressing (F10) "normal for Windows XP" to select your Boot device from there if your Hard Drive is Listed then you have not killed the PC you would then put your Windows CD In the CDROM and boot From that CDROM, Install your Windows OS and it should accept the OS...... But If that PC is shutting down as soon as you start it this could be an indication of a couple issues #1 The MFR Installed your Original startup and Bios On that Older Drive in which the cure is simple Use the New HDDs Installation CD to copy your older Drive to your Newer Drive and Viola #2 Depending on how long you have had that PC sometimes the CPU Cooling fan gets clogged with dust and needs cleaning to cool the CPU down. Solution Buy a can of Compressed air for PCs and blast it #3 Age Of a PC does affect the Thermal Paste on a CPU for this if you have never replaced the CPU thermal paste I would suggest you have a PC shop do that for you I will look in from time to time to see if anything i suggested has worked for you