My MB is dead !

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Nidhal
New visitors - please read the rules.

I downloaded the Windows BIOS update utility (AsusUpdate V6.02.01) to update my bios version from 1009 to 1010 beta version.
The utility erase ROM, then Flash ROM successefully, but when verifying ROM it reaches 1% and then it displays message: "Fail to verify EEPROM with new BIOS image. Please press [FLASH] button to try again or [EXIT] to abort".
I know that the minute I shutdown Windows I won't be able to reboot my PC. How can I fix the problem?

Thank you very much.
Nidhal.
atang1
BIOS Newbie

The eeprom or flash roms(DIP) have a loader which starts the floppy to write the bios file, without any operating system. On 4 mb flash, you have a jumper to set.

So, if the bios can not boot, the loader starts the floppy and floppy light will be on for you to insert the disk to start to flash again.

You apparently had a checksum problem, so you have to do as you were told on the monitor screen. This may have to do with the speed of each cell in the rom. Try a few times to see if it takes.

Flash semiconductors have its own ideosyncrocies? It works better when its warm.