DVAX2P problem

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
ibo48396
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am using slot 1 p3 550 processor now and 256 mb ram instaled on mainboard.
jimjones
BIOS Rookie

Google again :

Look up the utility WPCREDIT. It lets you modify parameters for VIA, Intel,... chipsets. I've used it before playing a certain DVD at full screen, or when I need that turbo boost! It works good for me. Sandra memory throughput showed much improvement and stopped the warning about IOQD. Beware of comparing Sandra's number on different systems, because there are so many variables: OS, Video, setting,... I think that it's good to fine tune your own system.
8O
:!: :!: :!: Disclaimer: try it at your own risk though. :!: :!: :!:

8O
if all else fails, try brute force :)
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Are you using at least reasonable quality RAM? What brand? Are all your RAM modules at least PC100 spec (PC100 NOT 100MHz) as per your processor requirements?

To me IOQD sounds like it may have something to do with memory settings or compatibility or quality of memory.

Hope this throws some light. Ritchie.

PS: I will only be making the occassional post on this board as I still have other committments, but thought I would post in this thread since I noticed that it has been running a while and I had this contribution that no-one else had yet brought up.

EDIT: Afterthoughts
-----------------------
1) Did you get the system as is off someone else?
2) If no to Q1, what happened last before the problem developed OR if yes to Q1, do you know what happened last before the problem developed and what was it?
3) When you say the BIOS was damaged, I assume you are talking about physical damage. Or was the damage corruption to the BIOS image?
4) A CMOS checksum error can occurr after changing the battery because the BIOS loses all it's settings and has incorrect data stored in the CMOS. Therefore, are you able to check that the battery is making proper contact? If the battery is not making proper contact it may not be powering the CMOS chip and therefore causing the CMOS to lose all it's settings every time the computer is powered off.

Hope these afterthoughts give some further inspiration...

EDIT TWO: Further Afterthoughts
--------------------------------------
Did the IOQD problem only develop after you flashed the BIOS image that KURIAKI sent you, or was this IOQD problem already present when you started this thread?
ibo48396

this IOQD problem already present when you started this thread and I could't done any download from kuriaki's web site.And I can't solve this proplem.For this reason I will upgrade my computer parts I will give my P3 550 ,256 MB Ram,DVAX2+,Ge-Force 4mx420 and I will buy Athlon Xp 2500,Kt880 mainboard,512 Kingston memory and Radeon 9550 (128bit).İt is one of the solve of my problem.And that parts used.And All off them 150$.Is that price chip or expensive?
ibo48396

Rainbow please help me about Which chipset registers will changed please help me!

PS:Mainboard DVAX2+ and I founded AWARD BIOS EDITOR program only I dont know which chipset register I will change.
:?:
ibo48396

Please somebody helps me about that subject!