ECS L7VMM2 v. 1.1 flashed wrong now Dead, HELP!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
smokinkane
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an ECS L7VMM2 motherboard which had bios revision 3.0a on it, and I accidentally flashed it to verision to bios revision 1.1, now the computer only turns on with a black screen. I have tried the following:

Clearing the cmos
can't hot swap, bios chip soldered
floppy drive doesn't light

the only success I have had is by shorting 2-3 pins on the bios chip and then the floppy drive is read for like 4 seconds then stops. I don't think it really looks at the files on the disk because by matter what disk I put in the drive, it makes exactly the same reading noises. Also I get no beeps at all from the bios, but the board only has an onboard speaker, so I'm assuming it doesn't work with the corrupted bios. So, I am going to hook up a external speaker to the header tonight.

I have a floppy disk with the award flash utility, an autoexec file to the bios, and was created using the Driver Free Disk For Bios Flashing from bootdisk.org. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Maybe You must have a bootable floppy !
with awardflash.exe and the bios file , you must put in the line of your autoexec.bat
smokinkane

The floppy is bootable, I tested it.
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

You can still save the motherboard but it requires soldering so it may not be worth the effort.

OK, so first you need to get a similar type flash-EEPROM from some dead motherboard. Have it programmed with correct bios by someone with a generic flasher or hotflashed. Then cut off the pin /CE from the Flash-EEPROM end so that remains of the pin are still contact with the motherboard. Then solder the new EEPROM piggypacking the old one. Make sure all pins have contact to the motherboard.

Voila!
smokinkane

Thanks, but I decided to just buy a different board, trashed the other one. But I will try that if it ever happens again