failed BIOS update; floppy solution not working

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Redux
New visitors - please read the rules.

I tried to update my BIOS with that Asus BIOS tool, but it failed midway and i resetted my pc by accident. I encountered the BIOS failed checksum error so i tried using a bootable dos floppy with Uniflash to flash the BIOS. I tried two different BIOS images and every time after flashing the BIOS it fails the verification check. I cant find any of those jumper caps in the mobo box packaging so i havent tried to reset the CMOS yet. To make matters worse, I cant backup the CMOS or BIOS image onto the floppy. Any suggestions as to why the BIOS updating fails during verification check?

btw, should I try clearing the CMOS, or would the CMOS be unaffected by this problem? I didnt try it yet cuz I can't backup the current CMOS.

Asus P4B533
Intel 845e
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you made a backup BIOS prior to the update failing partway, or have an image of the same version as this BIOS, I would be flashing this back to the board. Any bits that cannot be updated will not matter in this instance, since they will be the same as the image that is being flashed. This logic got me out of trouble once.

If you get to that point, you are back where you started and can form a new plan of attack.
Redux

I cleared the CMOS with Uniflash and now when i reboot nothing shows onscreen, i can only hear long beeps. Should i still try to adjust the jumpers to clear the CMOS?
Redux

UPDATE!!!!!111one111eleven

I fixed it!

apparently removing the battery and resetting the jumper solved it. I ran aflash afterwards and everything went smoothly. Thanks for the replies anyways.