flashed wrong bios on GA8IG1000MK. NO BEEPS ,NO VIDEO ,NADDA

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
don tucker
New visitors - please read the rules.

I Have GA-8IG1000MK corrupt bios flash, no video, no installed floppy, floppy from other machine not recognized? tried to short chip on marked pin. start without short, led flash from hd to cd & back no devices work. start with short, cd recognize cd in and open & close by button, no flashing led. test by starting with & without short several times, allways same. is this boot block & if so how can i get video, floppy, proper bootable cd with correct bios & configuration to reflash bios or new board, can sombody help? lowest video card to try so far 32 meg all in wonder 256 colors maybe 4 meg 16 colors might work, no ISA slot new board 1 yr + old , just as cheap to buy new board as fool around with suppliers for maybe month, 6 days out of warranty.IS this actually boot block CAN I CREAT A BOOTABLE CD TO BOOT FROM as it seems the cd drive recognizes a cd in but I haven't been able to find a suitable configuration using award or uniflash.I'VE now tried AN nvidia Geforce 2 mx 32 meg agp no video. I would really appreciate all & any input !

don[/img]
ruelnov
Master Flasher

Hotflash your bios including bootblock.

Your bootblock file is the wrong one for your chipset, and shorting of pins won't work in this case because your "alien" bootblock could not initialize your chipset.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If your system appears to attempt to boot of the floppy drive, perhaps you can set up a boot disk that will flash the correct BIOS.
ruelnov
Master Flasher

In my experience, there's no way to boot a system if the bootblock image is not correct for the chipset in the first place. And this results from flashing the entire bios with the wrong bios file.

Every bootblock image is customized for the motherboard chipset in question to properly turn off OEM specific cache, intialize DMA controller, programmable interrupt timer, programmable interrupt controller, and the RTC chip.

And so if the bios file is wrong, your system simply hangs at C0 POST Code for award bios, etc. And this is right after the processor self-tests itself.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Hi rulenov - I believe you when you explain that in your experience a floppy boot will most likely not occur in this situation. However, given that nothing is impossible, there is a slim chance, maybe even less than 0.1 or even 0.01% that a floppy boot maybe attempted by the BIOS. All I say to Don now is to look out for any such behavior by the BIOS, and if by that slim chance a floppy boot is attempted, to seize the opportunity and use it to attempt to flash the correct BIOS. I give this advice knowing that it is highly probable this is not the solution, but still in hope that all bases will be covered.