Flashed wrong BIOS onto MSI 865G Neo2-PLS

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Wyvern
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

I flashed my bios, but now my pc doesnt boot (hangs during Early Chipset Initialization). I used the wrong version the 1st time, but when i flash my (AMI)BIOS, using CTRL+HOME and a floppy with AMIBOOT.ROM on it (correct version i believe) my pc still doesnt boot... (It does read the A: and the 4 beeps are there). I already tried lots of BIOS versions (1.0 1.9 2.0 2.4 (wrong versions), 3.0 3.8 3.9 (should work, but don't), i cleared CMOS using the jumper and removing the battery... What more can i do?

Can any1 help?!
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

There are a few things that come to mind:

* CMOS Jumper and battery I was going to suggest, but you have tried this. You could try removing both entirely for a length of time such as overnight (with the power cord to the power supply and to the board also removed) and then reconnect the power cables but not the jumper and battery, boot, and see what happens. Idea is to as completely as possible clear all memory.

* Try different quality RAM, or reseating the existing RAM. Maybe the new BIOS is more particular about what RAM it accepts and about having a good connection.

* Disconnect all of your drives entirely, both from the power supply and disconnect all drive ribbon cables from the mainboard rather than the drives themselves. Do this especially if the BIOS seems to be hanging at drive initialisation time, since drive connection and configuration problems may cause the hangs at this time.

You could also try all three of the above items together.

Unfortunately, I do suspect a BIOS mismatch but until you can identify that as such it is worth pursueing the above on the assumption basis that the BIOS image is correct for your board.

Hope this information results in a sucessful outcome and good luck!
Wyvern
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thnx m8 for ur help, i'll give it a try =D
ruelnov
Master Flasher

You need to flash the entire bios image including bootblock.

Your system hangs at early chipset initialization because your bootblock has the wrong file for your chipset.