No floppy, no display

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
knottinbots
New visitors - please read the rules.

Gigabyte GA-BX2000 Intel 440BX AGPset - that's what it says on the manual at least.

Tried flashing the BIOS following the steps recommended on this site (which is very useful). awdflash said completed ok. On reboot: no signs of life. No life from the a:/ drive, and no display on AGP or PCI graphics cards. Unfortunately no access to an ISA graphics card to try and see what's happening.

Any thoughts? DualBIOS doesn't seem to have helped... The floppy i used has the original *.bin files backed up on it.

If there is no way to recover the board, any suggestions what to replace it with - as i want to reuse the internal gubbins - agp, scsi, network, sound, tv, modem cards, and the hard-drives. Of particular importance is support for an 80GB drive - the reason for my attempt at flashing. (go on, tell me the original bios does support and i just didn't find the settings...)
knottinbots

Correction - did have original bin files on floppy. Floppy itself has just curled up and died. The heat is no good for them.
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

you can download this biosfile http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Sup ... BX2000.htm
if it is a Amibios , and you floppydrive wil read a disk then rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM , when it's don you hear 4 beeps . Then start the pc again and load the defaults or best perform for your system.
knottinbots

Thanks, sadly the drive doesn't even blink when I turn on the power. Since the drive was working perfectly before, I find it hard to believe that it should choose the exact same moment to die, ditto for the graphics.

Or are computer components like lemmings? :) Will I get flamed or banned if I ask about the availabilty of an XP version of lemmings? :D

It was Award Bios 4.51, if I remember correctly. The numbers at the top are 2A69KG0E - which seems to add up to a Gigabyte GA-BX2000 with 440BX, as per the user manual supplied with it!
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Open the box and check if the bios-EEPROM is socketed. If yes, read the mainboard type and version. Then go to internet to seek the bios image. Have your bios-EEPROM reprogrammed by somebody with a generic flasher.