floppy not responding to my recovery disk!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
rastabost
New visitors - please read the rules.

ok so i messed up my other comp flashing the bios. i made a recovery disk with my old comp (the one i'm on now) but for some reason my new computer won't recognize it. i put in the floppy and turn on the computer. then the lil green light comes on tellin me that my floppy is doin work. but its not. its jus like spinnin. its not makin noise like it would if it was extractin data from it. whats wrong???? it'll jus spin forever and ever!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Does the FDD start as soon as the power is on ? If so, check the cabling. If the cable is reversed, motor on and write enable will both be asserted and the diskette will be trashed.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
rastabost
New visitors - please read the rules.

o well i've turned the cable both ways (with the twist facing the floppy, and then the motherboard) and it still doesn't work. my light comes on as soon as i turn on the pc but it jus spins. i kindda hear a noise now but nothing's happenin really. it just spins. what should i do?!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

My apologies, that's not the kind of "reversed" I meant. The twist should still be at the floppy end, I meant turn the connector through 180 degrees. Is the stripe on the edge of the cable at the Pin 1 side of the connector at both ends ?

If bootblock recovery cannot be used, I guess you will be looking at hot-swap flash ("hot-flash") or getting the chip reprogrammed. Look in the "Collected Wisdom" for hot-flash info.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"