Foxconn nf4uk8aa-8ekrs BootBlock

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
biosHELP!!!
New visitors - please read the rules.

This is what i did and what is happening now
I flashed my bios due to compatability issues
Flash seems to have failed so i did this:

1) After the initial flash I get this screen upon power up: Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0 Bios ROM checksum error Insert system disk and press enter.

2) I created a bootable stiffy disk

3) I downloaded the correct .bin file for my bios as well as the utility to flash it

4) I then booted the computer

5) It boots off the stiffy and i get a prompt A:\>

6) I type dir and get a list of the files on the stiffy, them being command.com BIOS file.bin and AWDFLASH.exe

7) I then type AWDFLASH 49GW1P65.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb (As instructed on the Foxconn website)

8) The flash utility loads

9) The table with bloacks on that show the write process comes up briefly

10) I then get this message: Flash ROM is Write-Protected Please make sure whether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not

11) I have not moved any jumpers since the first flash and so i dont understand how it is now suddenly protected.

12) I did move the jumper labeld TBL or sumthing in the manual but it made no difference so i returned it to its original position

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I managed to find this http://www.wimsbios.com/forum/topic9006.html
but can not identify the jumper he is reffering tp

any help would be greatly appreciated
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

see the battery (round silvery thing), bit to the right and down the silver square thing in the brown socket is the bios chip. pinout of the chip is here:

as indicated in the other posting you need to short the two pins 7-8, can be done by soldering or putting a piece of wire in the socket between them.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...