Gateway M500 laptop Bios Recovery w/o floppy drive

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
la90292
New visitors - please read the rules.

This lap top has no floppy drive. Does anyone has any ideas on how I can recover my Bios on this system? The bios got corrupted while I was updating and now only a blank screen. Also, I need to verify the correct Bios for this system. According to Gateway, there is no internal floppy drive available-- it comes with a CD Rom drive. The repair shop I took it to says that you can't recover the bios from the CD drive or using a usb exteral floppy. Help

Thanks, 8)
KachiWachi
The New Guy

la90292

Thanks for the info.

The repair shop tells me that since the BIOS is corrupted that when we try to boot up that it won't recognize the CD Rom Drive so I hope this works.

Anyway, I will try that. In the meantime, anyone know the BIOS version for this laptop and the Manufacturer. I need to verify the correct Bios for this system inorder to recover it. If this is from Phoenix, don't i need to create an autoexec.bat file on the boot CD rom disk? Any info on how to write it?
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Well, if the BIOS is truly corrupted, then I'm afraid all you can do is hot-flash (if the chip is removable), or have the chip un-soldered, re-burned, and re-installed.
ricaustria

Did the CD-Rom boot work for you? Were you able to flash the BIOS?