giga-byte 6vxc7-4 dead

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
xsilverfox
New visitors - please read the rules.

ok, well i i know that what i did screwed it up.. so let start at the beginning...
i have a samsung burner that died during a firmware update and would not recognize as a result... so then i stumpled accross the little util of uniflash...
i took my giga-byte board and booted in to dos swaped the chips and used uniflash to reprogram the samsung bios with the correct firmware... it said it had errors verifing the boot block, but as that the samsung bios didn't have it i thought nothing of it.. powered off machine swapped chips back and then nothing... i mean nothing at all.. no video, no led on front, no fdd... so ok i messed up the bios... i then took an msi mobo and used uniflash "hot-swap" to reput the bios with boot block on there, and it said it was successfull... still no luck... any other ideas or is it a lst cause...

btw the samsung burner now recognizes and after i reflashed it with the samsung updater works fine...
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Hotswapping has its risks... you may have burnt the chip when extracting it.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Checked for bent pins ?
If you hot-swap the suspect ROM back into the other mobo, can you read the BIOS out again ?
xsilverfox

nothing burt or bent... also have several 256k bios chips and have tried to flash those to the correct bios using the msi board, but still will not do any thing.. i'm wondering if there is a boot block on the board that has got fried.
xsilverfox

ok i'm an idiot.... after thinking about it. i never checked the pins on the board it's self, just on the bios chip. and behold one of the clips on the bios socket was pushed back.... i bent it back and everything works now..

thanks for the help... :D
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Glad to be of service.... :D