HELP!!! 2nd mobo that dies on me IN ONE DAY!!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Phoebus
New visitors - please read the rules.

WOW, and I didn't do anything this time!!!

Ok, here's the thing.

I've been trying to install WinXP FOR AGES on my "strong" system whose motherboard is a spacewalker AV61 (I know, not the very best ones).

Anyway, I have been unsuccessful in installing the OS and today I tried something else in my BIOS settings. I selected "Load BIOS defaults" and then I saved, exited and shut down the system.

Well, here's the funny thing. When I switched my system back on (and I'm still stuck here) I get this REALLY weird beep code which isn't just a simple beep. It's a very low pitched beep and it's two tones, one high beep followed by a lower beep.

I've tried everything, disconnected cables, memory, clearing the CMOS using a jumper on the mobo... NOTHING! :(

PLEASE, PLEASE any help is desperately needed!!!

Thanks a million!
Phoebus

PS I'm typing from my pocket pc right now so I hope this comes out ok. Please excuse any errors! :)
xiaonian
Master Flasher

i notice u post this message at a "26 dates" day,so recommand you check if your m/b destroied by cih.
th
Legacy means reliability

Tried to clear the CMOS via jumper?
Bye
Thomas
286-16/NEAT Chipset/4 MB Mem/40 MB HDD/512kB Tridet/WfW
Phoebus
New visitors - please read the rules.

Fixed it! Thanx for your help and suggestions. Now I have to figure out how to install WinXP. I'll post a new msg about it!

Cheers,
Phoebus