help with soyo dragon + mobo

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
doeboy
New visitors - please read the rules.

i am upgrading from a fried athlon 1900+xp(palomino) to an athlon 2100+xp(thoroughbred) i know my mobo supports the 2100+ thor.,and soyo site has a bios update for the athlon XP thoroughbred cpus,so i put the AWDFLASH 8.2 and the needed bios from the soyo site on a floppy and followed the printed proceedure for installing from the soyo site.

it apparently ran successful and asked me to remove the floppy and restart my computer , after restart nothing happened all i got was a black screen and no beeps upon restart,the cpu fan was running and that was it.
everything but the floppy,cpu fan,and vidcard was unplugged and i tried again and still nothing,made sure the vidcard was securely in the slot and still nothing, tried using an old pci vidcard laying around and nothing.

read mobo manual and it said clear cmos did the procedure described by manual: unplug pw supply cord from mobo remove jumper from pins 1&2 and plce jumper on pins 3&4 for 5 seconds,remove from pins 3&4 and replace on pins 1&2.
still nothing
tried clearing cmos again and let it sit on pins 3&4 for 10secs and still nothing
upon initial setup in DOS i typed in AWDFLASH + bios.bin /? /py /cc like it told me to do in the printed info from the soyo site.

anyone know anything about my problem?
does it look like im going to have to send off my bios for reprogramming?
or any other tips or suggestions?
thank you before hand
gogo98102

I have exact same set up and same thing happened to me. I also tried the same procedure to fix it and nothing worked.

The reason I decided to flash my BIOS was because I kept getting file errors when I play games. It always says my files are corrupted. If I turn off my computer and start up again, then it will be fine. I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled my games and it still gave me the same error from time to time and everytime it happened, I always had to reboot my computer to make it work again. I heard it was cause by the VIA bios. Is there truth to that?
gogo98102

I forgot to ask, what bios file did you use? We might have used the wrong version. I used kvxa2ba6.bin. My old bios was kvxa2ba5.bin I believe.
doeboy

im not sure which of the 2 you posted that i used,i dloaded the bios for the T-bred cpu,s. when i checked the soyo site they only had one bios for the T-bred and that one was the one i dloaded,i didnt mess with the beta bios because it is a BETA and i didnt want to take any chances with it.

in google search engine i typed in soyo dragon + and thoroughbred,and couldnt believe my eyes when i saw all the posts of people whos dragon + mobos are dead from using the bios on the soyo site. of course i found this info out after soyos bios killed my mobo.

if we pull and send in our bios chips to soyo they will reprogram them for a charge of $15.00.
that pissed me off cause their bunk bios killed my mobo in the first place along with a bunch of other peoples. i feel they should reprogram them for free and pay for shipping costs,along with a letter of apology.

im not giving soyo another cent and just gonna get the ASUS a7n8x mobo
cause this board should have no problems at all running a T-bred strait from the box.
gogo98102

I ordered a pre-programmed BIOS chip from http://badflash.com
I won't get it until Monday or Tuesday and I will post the result. If that still doesn't work, I am getting an ASUS nForce 2 board. I am tired of all the bugs.
gogo98102

I got my new bios chip today. Before I put the chip in, I decided to look over the owner's manual one more time. To my surprise, I think I have tried to clear the CMOS using the wrong jumper the whole time! I flipped the RAID jumper instead of the CMOS jumper. Just out of curiousity, I put my old chip in after cleared the CMOS and guess what? It worked. I didn't need a new BIOS chip at all.

Try clearing the CMOS first and see if that works for you. If not, I have a brand new BIOS chip for sale. LOL.
32fear

The same darn thing happened to my SOYO Dragon original and I'm just going to deal with a guy on ebay that sells bios chips for $17 a piece.