How to fix a corrupted bios flashing?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Kakao
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello. I am a new user and would like your help.
I have good knowledge to make a bios flash but....
I have the motherboard ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe and I have made a bad flashing bios(the tool asusupdate hasn't finished the upgrading-stuck). Nothing happent when i star it(no bip-no singal). I bought a new motherboard.

Today I have visited your forum, I saw that I have a hope to save my old motherboard.

Can you help me? If you know how, then tell me any information I need to flash the bios such software, process, etc.

Infos from ASUS

P4P800-E Deluxe (with corrupted bios flashing)

Code: Select all

4 Mb Flash ROM,AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash, MyLogo2, ASUS C.P.R.
P4V8X-MX (good-newone)

Code: Select all

4Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 2.0a, C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall), CrashFree BIOS2, ASUS EZ Flash, MyLogo2, PXE, RPL
Note: My language is Greek, sorry for any spelling errors in English
Kakao

Because I couldn't wait for a reply, I tried it myself.

I made a disk with UNIFLASH and I start the pc to DOS.
After booting, I changed the good bios with the damaged and I tried to flashing the damaged bios.
Unfortunately, I didn't the bios flashing but I geting an error (Flash data verification error).

The progress bar was red except one green box.I tried all the options of UNIFLASH. Also I tried the afudos(asus) but I geting an error (compatible with existing Bios ROMID).

Can you help me to do Forced-Flash? This is my last choice.
If i can't find the four-digit code? Is there any general code for Forced-Flash?
Kakao

I tried force flash and NOTHING
biosdude

Hey Kakao
Do you know that your motherboard supports CrashFree BIOS?
Take a look at http://www.ehow.com/how_5101013_use-crashfree-bios.html and follow the step by step procedure to update your corrupt BIOS Flash

Good Luck
sharky
BIOS Newbie

Kakao wrote:I tried force flash and NOTHING
You could try flashrom (http://www.flashrom.org/) under DOS/Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD/MacOSX/whatever. If it finds the replacement chip, there's a good chance you can flash it.

The downloads there are source code only, so if you want a ready-to-use binary (.exe or whatever), you may have to ask on the flashrom mailing list or IRC.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If the flash chip crashes when verifying it is broken, which is also the reason the regular flash went wrong. Replace the flash chip for the P4P800-E Deluxe, buy new one.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...