how to force boot from bootblock

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
kmmng
New visitors - please read the rules.

The motherboard is MSI MS-7005 VER 2

I have tried to flash the patched bios for the widescreen support. Awdflash said that the part number is different but I forced the flash anyway. Now the motherboard won't post at all. The bootblock doesn't seem to work as there is no floppy activity.

May the bootblock still be good ? How can I force boot from bootblock ? I have tried shorting different pins with no success. The bios chip seems to be SST39SF040 that is PLCC32.
mrcjnraj

I am also having the same problem. My Motherboard details are, Gefore 6100-M9 Ver 1.1., nvidia chipset
I use winflash utility given along with mother board cd. But the system fails to reboot. I have tried floppy drive option, floppy is not detecting to use "autoexec.bat". Now the cpu fan is working. No display.. Pleae help me... I am from India, not able to find Rom chip to buy here...
biosdude

Did you check the Motherboard User Guide how to invoke BIOS Recovery?
The Bootblock must be still there. I looked up online to find the motherboard user guide - It did not have any details about BIOS Recovery.
Sorry buddy - never force flash ROM type like that

My biggest bet is that you folks are NOT invoking the BIOS Recovery using the Correct Method. Please check the manual.
Or at least contact the guy who sold the board or system to you and ask about the procedure
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Awdflash said that the part number is different but I forced the flash anyway.
asking for trouble
I use winflash utility given along with mother board cd.
again, asking for trouble. use the latest bios and flash utility available online. even the most remote locations have internet these days, there's no excuse not to get the latest flash utility.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...