K7S5A Floppy Not Responding

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
striff
New visitors - please read the rules.

Welp, I tried flashing my Motherboard, and well, im sure you can guess what happened ;)

Of course im not getting any video, or anything of that nature when I start up.

Welp, I have made a boot floppy (Stuck a floppy disket into my other computer that is running Windows 98, Im running Windows XP Home on the one that is broken, right clicked A drive formated it, and selected the system file button, and it boots to floppy when I restart on that computer) with the bios file I got off of ECS's websiteThis one, that one at the top to be exact (My bios is AMI). re named it AMIBOOT.ram and stuck it in my floppy at start up.

Nothing happens, even without the floppy in the drive, it dosn't even look for one. I have moved my jumper cable over one slot, and turned it on and got the "Fan's turn on for a second then turn off" which should signal that it is ready to be reset right? I then moved them over to the correct slot that they were before, and it starts fine but just dosn't look for the floppy.

I dont really want to drop the cash for a new one if im just doing something wrong here.

-Did I do the reset thing right?
-Am I using the right bios upgrade I got off ECS's website?
-Why isnt it looking for my floppy disket, and how can I make it look for it?
-Is all that should be on the floppy disket, the files that get put on it when you make it a boot disk, and the AMIBOOT.ram? Or do I need the utility on there as well?

Thanks

8)
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

My guess on where it could have went wrong is that when I look at the page you provide the link to, the second and third updates listed appear to be later than the first - that is going by the version number. The second update also lists higher speed CPU support. If you flashed the BIOS using the first update listed, possibly you removed the support for your CPU (depending on what that update supports and what you have got).

Wait for other responses and opinons before you do anything, but if others agree, maybe you need to install a much older CPU that an early BIOS for this board will definitely recognise, or temporarily underclock your CPU, and then reflash to the actual latest version, perhaps after checking first with ECS support which is intended to be the latest BIOS for this board.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did you clear the CMOS after flashing ?
Have you tried Ctrl-Home on power-on to get the bootblock to read the dikette ? If this action does not cause the diskette to be read, you may need to swap the BIOS chip.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"