I've killed my Motherboard....HELP!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
SimonPJones
New visitors - please read the rules.

Okay, so I was stupid and flashed the BIOS with what I thought would be an update. Well actually here's what happened.

BIOS Chip is AMIBIOS and MS-6160 is stamped on Motherboard.

Using the AMI Motherboard Identification Utility it suggested that my Motherboard is a MS-6159 ver 0.00 (which was interesting).

Anyway, I found an AMIBIOS MS-6159 ver 1.00 and upgraded without too much trouble but I still have the large HDD problem.

Anyway, found an Award MS-6160 v1.2 BIOS and managed to Flash it but now my PC beeps 1 long and 2 short on boot and does nothing although appears that floppy drive is available.

I've tried putting the MS-6159 BIOS onto a floppy and renaming AMIBOOT.ROM but this hasn't worked but if I place an AUTOEXEC.BAT onto a disk this seems to load but I can't do much else.

Anybody got any ideas?

Simon
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

If your bootblock has been replaced by the AWARD BIOS's one, the AMIBOOT.ROM trick won't work.

Prepare the AUTOEXEC.BAT to perform:

AWDFLASH BIOS.ROM /py /sn /cc /cd /cp

You won't be able to see what's going on until this shall have been performed.
SimonPJones

Thanks for this, however, after reading a number of other posts on this board I tried to Flash using uniflash using a backup of the BIOS that I took when attempting my second update.

This seemed to error during the process and now I don't seem to have a bootblock available as there is no beeps or floppy drive activity at all when booting.

Any ideas?
garryp80

Someone can help me?? I also have the Same problem... :cry: My motherboard was died after I performed BIOS Update... The Motherboard is PVMM2 (Elite Group) and AMI Bios.. I dont know what is version... I spent many time to search on retailer to replaced the new FlashRom chip but there is no such version. :cry:

How can I Rewrite the FlashRom Chip...? are there any alternative way??
My computer won't Boot up... Blank Screen, and No floppy A and No Beep Sound but only my hdd drive and CD rom drive is on.

Please Help Me???
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

You must look on the motherbord near the AGP bus ther you find the exact name of your motherboard with the version to.
You can find then the bios here http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/downloa ... otherboard
garryp80

lucske74 wrote:You must look on the motherbord near the AGP bus ther you find the exact name of your motherboard with the version to.
You can find then the bios here http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/downloa ... otherboard
Thanks Anyway.. I need the tricks tips or any other alternative to fix my DEad Motherboard... anyone??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did you check out FAQs #9 and #27 at the main site?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"