L7VMM3(3.0c)

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Treppiede
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have the same problem guys.
I have (had, I guess) an ECS L7VMM3 rev. 3.0c motherboard. I make the stupid mistake of flashing it with the latest BIOS for the 1.0c version because ECS' website is poorly designed. The mobo is now dead, won't post.

I am thinking of sending the chip to badflash.com to get it reprogrammed but if I could save the money by fixing it myself it would be great. Any advice? I wish I would have seen this thread before flashing it. Oh well...

Thank you in advance!

:(

Walter
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

If you have another motherbord with a Amibios , you can hotflash the chip with the good bios , EO40617S.ROM this is what the sticker says on my board . But I know my chip is think dead . Besure that's you bios chip is 5V.
Maybe if you can try with forced CTRL-Home , then you must rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM
Treppiede
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for the advice.
lucske74 wrote:Maybe if you can try with forced CTRL-Home , then you must rename the file to AMIBOOT.ROM
Could you elaborate a bit more on this one?

Thanks,

Walter
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

when uou power up then you must directly push the keys ctrl-home.
If he wil try to read the floppy disk you must rename the file EO40617S.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM then hi flashes te bios rom with the good bios , but You don't see anything on the screen , you heard only 4 beeps , then you must restart you pc. Don't forget pull out the disk.