Ga-M59SLI-S5 dead with dual bios.

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
kojot1234
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello everyone,
Yesterday I have found a new bios for my board "F8L" supposedly it was uploaded by the Gigabyte support. However after performing the flash with @BIOS (Gigabyte in Windows flashing software) everything worked fine, it even said "Successful Update". After restart motherboard starts, but never shows POST. From what I understand the BACKUP BIOS takes over when the MAIN BIOS cannot start. But in my situation its doesn't. I have the correct bios on a floppy, but keyboard and floppy do not seems to work. I took apart everything having just the CPU, RAM and/or GPU but no response. Is there a way to force a boot from a BACKUP BIOS?(There is no jumper on the board from what I see) Any help? Ideas? If I RMA will I get a replacement? Thanks!

[/img]
fpsHungry
New visitors - please read the rules.

I just had the same problem about 10 minutes ago. You need to pull out the cmos battery for about 10 seconds. Then reboot, and everything should work just fine. Also this was for a specific processor according to the folks at gigabyte. Which Proc are you running?