I may hve killed my bios

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
New visitors - please read the rules.

I just got a computer from a friend as part of a trade we were doing. I needed to get into the bios setup to change a setting but couldnt because there was a password needed to enter. My friend said its been that way every since he got it. I could not find an owners manual on line to find out how to clear the bios. At least not until I had removed the battery from the MB. Then I found a manual on line and found out all I had to do was move a jumper to clear the bios. The MB battery had been out for 30 minutes by then.

So I put the battery back in and fired up the computer and got right in the bios..No more password. The only problem now is it wont boot into windows. It freezes at the AMIBIOS system configuration screen. I have reset all the bios settings according to the manual but it wont boot.

I could really use some help on this . If any one can offer me any ideas on what I could do to fix this problem I would be very grateful.
( I already know the best idea would be for me not to play with the bios)

Feeling kinda dumb!
The MB is a K7S0M+ Release# K7S0M+ 12/09/2003
AMIBIOS 62-1209-001131-00101111-040201-SiS740-K7S0M+
AMD Athron XP 2200 Windows XPpro.

I looked on the web to see if I could find a bios update for this MB and according to the info on the update web site the numbers that appear on my AMIBIOS splash screen indicate that my current bios and MB are not truely AMI but are actually the product of another company so there for they could not provide an update that would would work in my system.
So I am not for sure who actually made the MB.
cp
BIOS Guru

make sure to autodetect the ide drives in the bios. your main hdd should show up right under primary ide in Standard CMOS Setup. if it doesn't check power and data cables and make sure the master/slave settings on your drives are correct.
enable Quick Boot, and s.m.a.r.t. for harddisks in Advanced Setup and press F10 in the main menu (that's save&exit).
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.